South Carolina Columbia Mission

South Carolina Columbia Mission

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

A week full of Miracles!

Hey y'all 
First off, I want y'all to know how much I love being a missionary and how much I love all of your support. It means the world to me to get your emails and letters about cool experiences you have had or just to hear how your doing! 
This week has been a miracle in and of itself! When you are on the Lord's errand nothing is a coincidence! And I can promise that if you will look for miracles then they will come! So to start off this week, we had exchanges!! I went to Florence with Sister Edstrom and I am convinced we are almost the exact same person! It made me so sad when I realized that she goes home after this transfer, but we get to do another exchange in a couple of weeks. So all is well.  I learned so much from her and she is the best human ever! A lot of the things we did she would get in the car and say "Oh my goodness Sister Lewis, we are just seeing miracles today!" So I asked her about it and she told me that she had trouble seeing miracles, and even noticing that she was feeling the spirit at the beginning of her mission. But then she got the advice to start looking for miracles! And she ended up doing the same for me and oh my! You would not believe the miracles that y'all will start to see as soon as you start looking for them! 
So we were able to find a new investigator for the STL's, 3 potential people for them, and we found a missionary opportunity during our service project the next morning! We also found out that sometimes when you talk to people, and they don't want you to continue talking to them, they just ignore you and hope that you go away. Which happens more than you would expect and more than I would like to admit! 
We also had to end up dropping all of our people who were on date this week so that was a bummer, but the miracles never ceased! We ended up finding two new investigators who seem super solid and they are Kimberly and Shawn! Even in the times of a trial we can see miracles! Kimberly was someone we found by trusting in the lord, because we had gone by to see a potential investigator like two weeks ago and she wasn't interested. But then we got a referral for her from a past missionary so we went back and decided to knock around her and the second door we knocked on was her door! Finding MIRACLE!! We also got to stop by Brian and Peticia's house to help them clean their house and Briana their daughter was there so we ended up singing some hymns with her which was so funny because she didn't know the words so hopefully y'all can see the video I took! It was hilarious! I almost died laughing! 
I also ended up getting sick so we went to the church to get me a priesthood blessing, One the elders had left their iPads on our car, so we are driving away... on a highway, and the top of the case flaps open. So Sister Fox hits the breaks and the iPad falls off the car and she runs it over. But then we get to the doctors office and like 10 minutes later the elders walk in. I just start laughing hysterically because I knew why they were there.., because we ran over their iPad! Just kidding they didn't even realize that! They came to make sure I was okay! 
Anyway I love being a missionary! I love the gospel! I know that as you put your faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ he is going to deliver us out of pain and out of affliction! I can also promise y'all that as you look for blessings you will see them and realize just about how many you see and get daily!
I love y'all 
Be Blessed!! 
Love, 
Sister Lewis 





No comments:

Post a Comment