South Carolina Columbia Mission

South Carolina Columbia Mission

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Memorial Day Weekend

Hello Family and friends! 
This week has been super eventful this week! We have had so much fun especially with the rain storms that we have had! We had to spend a day this week at Firestone auto repair because we needed a new tire on our car and also had to get the tires rotated and the oil changed. Which was interesting because of the fact that I tried
to convince all the workers there a week ago when we had to get one of our windshield wipers fixed. So the workers there had a fun time joking around with us!
So, Sister Allred has discovered that I am only a little strange so it's been super fun to be able to keep her on her toes!
Another funny thing that happened was we went to contact a less active member in our ward who lives on a super busy street. So I had the bright idea to park in a nearby neighborhood and then to walk over to his house. But I ended up parking on the wrong side of the road so it was a miracle that we were able to cross the street the first time. I decided we should probably go down to the light on the left and then walk back to the car. The bad idea part was that this light was about 2 miles down the road and the one on the right we found out was about 1 mile away... moral of the story always choose the right! As one of my favorite primary songs goes "there is a right way to live and be happy, it is choosing the right everyday". Needless to say my wonderful companion was not too pleased with my decision making especially when it was about 90 degrees and I said that we should bike! But it's okay because I sang her every hymn in the hymnbook during our walking adventure (;
But we have seen a lot of Success. We had a kid we met at Walmart a couple weeks ago come to church yesterday and I got a picture on his motorcycle! We also have an appointment with him at the church with a member. We also met a new family who live next door to a couple of former investigators that we have been trying to make contact for a while, but are never there and they keep standing us up for appointments. So this week we knocked on the door of some new families and they let us in, gave us water and let us set up a return appointment with them next week. I am super excited for that! We also stopped by an investigator who we thought was avoiding
us... (turns out that he is just sick) but we dropped by his house and finally got to have a sit down conversation with his wife and she said that she is interested in having us teach them this week as a family. I am excited to see all the things that are happening with this area!
I want all of you to know that I love you always and there are miracles everyday even on the days where you feel like everything is going wrong, there is always something to smile about! 
I love y'all so much! I hope you have a great Memorial Day!
Love,
Sister Maigan Lewis


































No comments:

Post a Comment