South Carolina Columbia Mission

South Carolina Columbia Mission

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

A Wedding and A Baptism!

Hey y'all 
This week is a story of how Sister Fox and I turned a Wedding into a Baptism as well!! So we have been planning for Brian and Peticia to get married for a while, so we buckled them down and decided that last Wednesday was the day! So Sister Fox and I decided we were going to set up the wedding and the Bishops wife would do food and the Bishop would marry them and as we were planning for the wedding.., The day of the wedding Sister Fox and I were talking about Peticia and how she was 39 weeks pregnant and what we needed to do before they are baptized. We looked at the teaching record and she only had 4 more small simple lessons that needed to be taught so i threw out the idea to have the Baptism last Saturday, well we got on our knees and prayed and sure enough we got our answer at the wedding when we asked them if they wanted to be baptized! So long story short, Sister Fox and I planned a baptism in 3 days and had the interview before baptism the night before, Which is crazy stressful and NEVER HAPPENS!! Its hard to even have a Baptism planned the week of! So we are definitely seeing miracles! Especially because the morning of Peticia was having Braxton Hicks contractions and she is due this Saturday!! Crazy Crazy! 
This week has just had me on a spiritual high. It is so amazing and I am pretty sure I haven't stopped beaming for like 3 days! But it's all good! 
We also got to do service with the surf side Elders and we literally raked leaves for 3 hours! Haha it was fun but I got a total of 3 slivers! I love doing service with the Elders because that is the only time that we pretty much see them and we have a super small district! We also got cupcakes from the Lady who we raked leaves for! 
Elder Edwards also made this comment which was hilarious! So I was laughing (or cackling as my madre would say) And Elder Edwards looks at me and says "Sister Lewis..., are you crying again?? " Because I literally cry all the time!! Not a bad cry but a good cry usually!! 
We also ends up going knocking around this refferal and this lady started talking to us through her window! The things that happen in the south, you would be surprised!!! Haha I love being a missionary!! 
Also during weekly planning we were talking about the Vereens, and how they haven't been to church! So we decided sadly we were going to do a Do or Drop lesson with them, this coming week! But on sunday we got a call after sacrament, it was Ronya asking if she could still come because she over slept!! So Ronya and Jemilla ended up making it to relief society! Which was an answer to my prayers! 
Sometimes Heavenly Father doesn't answer them right away but when we need them to keep going, or to not give up hope he is there! I promise that as y'all put your trust in our Heavenly Father he will deliver us out of our afflictions, He will help us, He is our Father and all he wants is for us to come to him. To do what he asks to do, not for his benefit but for ours! He sees our potential and He loves each and every one of us so much beyond comprehension! I promise that he is there and that he is just waiting to bless us if we only put our trust our faith and everything that we have in him! 
I say this in the name of our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ Amen.

I love y'all and hope that y'all have an amazing week! Count your blessings! 
Love, 
Sister Maigan Lewis 






















No comments:

Post a Comment