South Carolina Columbia Mission

South Carolina Columbia Mission

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Solar Eclipse

Hello friends and family! 
So as you all know today is the solar eclipse, so the mission went out of its way to buy everyone some solar eclipse glasses... and it is currently pouring rain.... so no solar eclipse glasses needed! And all of y'all think Utah weather is bad (; 
Anyhow I hope y'all have had an amazing week! We have been seeing so many miracles this week and it is due to the hard work and dedication that we have as missionaries! This week we had a less active member, who the Elders are working with, tell us that she wanted us to teach her daughter Marly so that she can be baptized! Which I am super excited for! But I have been noticing a pattern... Heavenly Father must think that I am good with kids because they are pretty much the only people I've been teaching on my mission. But it has been the best thing! I am excited to teach her because she is smart and truly has a desire to learn, when Jesus Christ told his deciples to be as little children he wasn't kidding! I have loved every minute of teaching his children here in South Carolina! 
This week we were also able to teach Sister Cook who is our bestie. She just loves the missionaries but hasn't had a desire to attend the temple until just recently. We were able to teach her the restoration yesterday and we had her write down her testimony in a Book of Mormon and give it to her brother! 
Also I am just loving my new companion! We have decided that we are equally weird so we are going to stress eat lettuce (: 
We also had our second Zone Conference with our new mission President which was awesome. He really put a focus on how the Lord truly is hastening the work.  It's amazing all of the things that have been changing because we are preparing a way for the savior. I am so grateful to be a part of this amazing work! It truly is a great time to be a missionary I love all of y'all! Keep up the good work! 
Love,
Sister Lewis





















No comments:

Post a Comment