South Carolina Columbia Mission

South Carolina Columbia Mission

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Staying in Summerville

Hello! Another great week in the mission field! Man am I grateful to be a missionary! I hope y'all have had a great week and summer! It's crazy how fast time goes out when you're on the Lords errand! We actually ended up having transfer calls this morning and Sister Allred is leaving Summerville! Which means I am staying for another 6 weeks! When we found out we started joking with the members of the ward that they are going to move my membership records into the ward! So that's been pretty funny! But I am excited to see what this next transfer brings me! I'm going to miss Sister Allred but I know she is going to have so much fun up in Simpsomville! 
This week we actually got to visit with Brooks West and he told us that since he has been meeting with us he has actually started praying again! Which is the best news ever! I love it when people tell me that because prayer is so important! We ended up being able to teach him about the restoration of the Gospel. I just love talking about Joseph Smith because his experience gave us so much truth! Especially that God is our Father in Heaven and that he loves us and knows us by name! We tried putting him on date but he told us that he wanted to pray about it and get back with us in a couple weeks for our appointment! He is actually going out of town so he pushed us out a couple of weeks which was super sad, but everything will work out in the right time.
We were also supposed to see Courtney, but she ended up cancelling our appointment last minute. We were sad, but she had just got back in town so it's all good.
We also went to see a couple members who had birthdays and brought them cupcakes and wore party hats! 
Anyway, I hope y'all have an amazing week and lift where you stand! I love y'all 
Love, 
Sister Lewis 

No comments:

Post a Comment